The search engine optimization landscape has significantly changed over the past few years. With the perpetually evolving nature of the algorithms behind most of the commonly used search engines, the need to develop a comprehensive digital marketing campaign has become as essential as hiring experts like New Orleans SEO agencies. Two of the most critical aspects of an effective online advertising strategy are on-page and off-page SEO. In this piece, we’ll delve into both of these methods and determine which one is more important. Continue to read on if you want to learn more.
As its name suggests, on-page SEO mainly pertains to a website’s structure and the process of optimizing its pages to elevate its visibility when it comes to relevant searches. In turn, improve both the quantity and quality of its inbound traffic. A few examples of this method of search engine optimization are increasing the site’s loading speed, making effective use of descriptions and page titles, utilizing alt attributes or tags for uploaded images, and ensuring that it’s compatible across all devices.
Simply put, it refers to all measures that are taken on the website to generate online exposure and raise its position in the SERPs or search engine results pages. Here are a few on-page search engine optimization factors to consider:
- Content. It isn’t surprising that more and more domain owners and search engine optimization specialists like New Orleans SEO firms are taking content marketing seriously. After all, even with descriptions, keywords, and linking, it’s unlikely that users will stay engaged in a website that posts mediocre content and because the higher bounce rates that it can result in can lead to lower rankings, it makes sense to ensure that any content posted – whether it’s in text or video form – remains of high quality and is well-optimized.
- Keywords. Keywords in SEO remain as relevant today as it ever was in the past. It’s a cornerstone of search engine optimization that no marketing campaign can be without. With that said, it’s imperative to conduct extensive keyword research to ensure that you obtain the most commonly used terms and phrases by users. Begin by listing down all topics relevant to your business and don’t forget to analyze them accordingly. Doing so will help you get the right keywords that’ll yield the intended results.
- Title tags. It’s rare for a website to lack title tags, and for very good reasons: not only do they educate users on what kind of information will be present on a site before they visit it. But it also helps search engines determine the relevance of their pages to specific search queries. As a result, it can help elevate its standings on the SERPs.
- Mobile optimization. It’s fairly common for many businesses to optimize their websites for mobile use. These days, most people use their smartphones and tablets to browse the internet, after all, and a site that doesn’t work well in these devices will miss out on a large market.
- Social tagging. Ensuring that any uploaded content is shared to all the popular social media channels won’t just create awareness for the website. But it’ll also tell search engines that users find the content posted as informative, relevant, and helpful and because of this, it’s far more likely to elevate the rankings of the site than it would’ve had otherwise.
- Schema markup. The addition of more organized and structured data allows search engines to understand a website’s content much easier, and in doing so, it’ll elevate the web pages’ rankings and give them a better chance of appearing near or at the top of the search engine results pages.
Related: Facebook Ads Or SEO: Which One Brings Better Marketing Results?
If the methods and techniques with on-page SEO revolve around the factors that can be controlled and manipulated within the site, off-page SEO involves strategies that occur outside of its pages, not unlike backlinks from external websites. Other practices include promotions on other digital channels like the social media platform and guest blogging.
- Backlinking. The amount of high-quality backlinks that a website has is one of the most critical factors of off-page search engine optimization. The more websites that link to its content, the higher its search engine ranking is bound to be, after all.
- Domain Authority. Domain authority usually associated with the strength of a website, as determined by popular search engines. It’s like a score or a grade that usually decides its preference when it comes to search results. The higher the value of a site’s domain authority, the more visible it’ll be in the search results, and vice-versa.
- Local SEO. In a nutshell, local SEO is a process that is primarily intended to improve exposure for a business in specific locations. The reason why this marketing strategy must be incorporated into any existing campaign is that it drives quality search traffic. What this means is that the users that it’ll deliver to a site are more likely to become paying customers.
- Pay-per-click advertising. Those familiar with PPC or pay-per-click advertising is a part of SEO and the reality is that both are intertwined more than people realize. An excellent PPC campaign can go a long way not only in launching a new website but helping an existing one attract visitors and maintain engagement with its target audience.
- Guest posting. Guest posting is an excellent way to build brand exposure and recognition online. Apart from attracting inbound traffic, it also builds domain authority while boosting the credibility of the business in the process, and consequently, builds a stronger connection with the intended audience.
Which is better?
When it comes to choosing between on-page and off-page search engine optimization, both are equally important in building awareness and exposure on the internet. They work together in unison to enhance the visibility of a brand online. A company will lose out on the opportunity to improve the marketing efforts of a business by having one without the other. For the best results, they must incorporate both alongside the services of a capable New Orleans SEO firm.